Thursday, January 19, 2012

like dylan in the movies

I have exams at the moment so obviously have been spending more time than ever uselessly procrastinating on the internet (in between the Twin Peaks marathons and bizarre nights involving inadvisable mixes of creme de menthe and fortune-telling which seem to make up my social life).
Anyway, in steady avoidance of Shakespeare, Freud, Hogarth and the gang, I ran across an ace new tumblr, hand job time machine (http://hjtm.tumblr.com/). Perving on pretty & awesome people?? From better-dressed eras??? Errr yes;

Charlie Chaplin!!

Tony Strilko

Silvana Mangano

Michelle Phillips

Alec Baldwin

Paul Newman

Christopher Walken

Hunter S. Thompson

Julie Newmar

Carl Sagan
Laurence Fishburne

Dustin Hoffman

Kate Bush
Al Pacino

Paul Simonon

Bogey.

Like, freals. I am working so hard not to write any crude or filthy captions on those photos. (Also that last one is my fave I think, Humphrey why were you born like 90 years before I was? How cruel fate is.) The above are from the website, here are some I would add;


Jean-Paul Belmondo

Morrissey
Marlon Brando

Anna Karina
Elvis Presley

Goldie Hawn

Who is your favourite old-timey object of lust?

11 comments:

  1. Sexy people in their prime, awesome. I have always had a thing for Clint Eastwood, actually in any era. Angelica Huston too.

    Nice title, that is one of my favorite B&S songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely huston! she was such a babe, jack nicholson too. if only they'd had kids haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. classic beauty! Hmm.. my old timey? I have to say Edie Sedgewick and Audrey Hepburn (the all time classic icon)! They're beautiful and inspirational! I love Birkin too!

    xx,
    carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a crush on River phoenix but the more classic James Dean...both tragic losse ...Lady-wise, Audrey and Miss Elizabeth Taylor will always be aboslute classic beauties!
    xxx
    www.miabellaluna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. marlon brando...i will always be in love with him...lovely post!!!

    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that pictures!
    thank you very much for your nice comments!
    I am following you!
    if you have time could you follow me too,please!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so amazing! Love the Julie Newmar and Anna Karina pics - how gorgeous are they?! Also, Alec Baldwin looks HOT!
    Would love to see an old Meryl Streep one - she was so gorgeous back in the day (actually, she still is to be fair) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love love love old films! Paul Newman is just too cool, I'm also a sucker for anything with Donald O'connor

    xo
    http://couturecultureblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have written filthy captions.
    xL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morrissey is hardly as old-timey as those other fogeys!!

    ReplyDelete