Wednesday, February 1, 2012

eponymous, yo!



So, I REALLY do always want to go to the beach. I even have fairly positive feelings about the activity, even if Iggy disagrees.


But I went for a lovely frolic there today with my friend Diana, who even agreed to try and help coax me out of my usual chronic bitchface (IT'S A CONDITION) in order to do an outfit post.
it did not work but I love her anyway.


roll on London summer, where I'll be able to wear a tube dress without freezing my life off (...right? I haven't been down south for a month, it IS as tropical as I am rose-tintedly remembering yes???)
ALSO, I just realised, I DID NOT PAY FOR ANY OF THOSE CLOTHES. (Well okay the cardi, which was £1. But the sheepskin was my mum's, the Doc Martens a cast-off from a neighbour, the belt used to be BFF's when she was a kid, the hat a drunk present from a chum whose dad is a big-dog-boss-man in the london fire brigade, and the dress is from a friend who used to work in American Apparel and give me all her old gear) It's like when someone asks where you got something, and you get perverse joy out of telling them how it was 50p in a charity shop clearance bin. Does anyone else get that too?

17 comments:

  1. That cardigan was such a steal for a pound. Love a good cheap/free outfit.
    Lovely blog.

    Tasha xo
    http://kindlytreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the cardigan is very cool!! everything free haha great! i wanna go to the beach too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, love your cardie. The coat is awesome! Amazing look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fave style of coat, love it xx facelesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo that cardi is so good :) Gr8 blog :)....Wanna follow each other with GFC, Twitter and Facebook ?

    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pics!!!love the sea so much!!!

    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog!

    i must admit though, our beaches are a lot sunnier than yours right now :)

    would totally give them up for some snow - i love the cold!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeeee your little cardigan and how you have layered so well... hope you had fun frolicking =)

    Now following x

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. free clothes is always the best! anyway, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like such a comfie and warm outfit! and how awesome that you hardly paid for it!!!!

    Joelyne
    The Sydney Girl
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx for following...Following back :)...Would be glad if we can connect at Bloglovin too

    My Bloglovin Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. After looking at your post I really wanna go to the beach too!
    Love the sweater!

    I have a giveaway on my blog.. check it out if interested!
    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice photos and really cool outfit, you look great, I like your dress, what a great shape and that cardigan is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit also you are really beautiful and your coat rocks! You have an awesome blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice outfit :) your blog is very nice !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and for following!
    I love this outfit it looks so cosy...the cardigan is wonderful!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete