Saturday, March 31, 2012

tat, kitsch and jumble

I'm home in London again for Easter. In between drinking strawberry beer in old man pubs and working on the boats (which my sister says makes me sound like an old-timey prostitute, although the sad truth is that that would pay FAR better than barmaiding on the Thames, which is my actual job), I have been charity shopping in all the old haunts.




new old lady blouses being modelled by Hamish, in the junk shop that is my bedroom


new Fave Thing Ever. THANKS CIGARETTE CASE, I THINK I WILL!


The blue jacket, hand mirror and Neil Gaiman book (annoying cover, good writer) were from a little daytime jaunt me and my friend (and fellow old lady, gin-cats-and-hats obsessive) Lo took down to Sevenoaks in Kent yesterday before work. The brown silk blouse, mirrored Sgt Pepper badge, gold bracelet etc were from this gross little charity shop at the bottom of my road in Lewisham, which I ADORE. Also, I did horrendous drunk/hungover packing to come home, and basically have no proper clothes with me at all. So obviously buying massive blouses and cigarette cases is the way to go.



9 comments:

  1. drunk/hangover packing is the worst, I've done it many times. I really like that gold braided bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love all your buys! especially that bracelet
    xo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is all so cute, I just had to get a bigger look of the picture on the dashboard. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a plastic dog named Hamish, such a good name. I don't see anything wrong with buying blouses, sensible shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stuff you bought. and i love your sense of humor..
    and i love jarvis cocker too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neil Gaiman is my favourite author, I want to read that book too! :>

    And all the things you've found are so adorable, the mirror (was it truly only 1 pund? Wow) and that bracelet ..great finds ! I wish I found something similar, real vintage items. Well I did buy vintage make-up powder years ago. :)

    Have a lovely day,

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such beautiful finds! Love!!


    <3Jo of thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You named your buffalo (buffalo? ammirite?) horns Hamish. You just became the best person I've ever not met. That doesn't sound like much but if you consider I include every celebrity ever then this is a big call. Congrats, you earnt it.

    xxL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have read the book! LOVE IT

    xo
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete