Wednesday, May 30, 2012

faded seaside glamour

I have a slightly bizarre obsession with mermaids at the moment, and this photo series isn't helping matters.


When I was 14 or 15 and much less of an embittered hag than I am now, I had a little notebook with a page where I'd write down potential jobs that appealed to me, for future consideration. The only ones I can remember offhand are 'beach comber', 'gravedigger' and 'magician's assistant'. Suffice to say if I still kept the list then OBVIOUSLY faded-pastel-and-swamps Floridian mermaid show entertainer would be topping it right now.









http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2012/04/professional-mermaids-are-lost-treasure-of-florida-park/




















18 comments:

  1. HAHAH your career list cracks me up. p.s. i am a mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...what is it with mermaids?! I'm kind of obsessed with them too...or really just anything kind of creepy in a kind of bizarre whimsical way I guess. Grave digger - now that would be an interesting job. My hub's grandmother was part of a family of undertakers and she made the dresses for the dead. Oh to have a peek into her world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those career questionnaires in school always came out saying i should be a funeral director, haha. being in a family of undertakers sounds so interesting! i bet she had some wicked stories x

      Delete
  3. haha! these pics are pretty weird. weird but cool. it all looks very chilled out, especially on the sun porch. great career choices btw - it's never too late for any of these options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is gorgeous, I'm your new follower!

    http://oppositeofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mermaids *are* pretty captivating. It'd be fun to live underwater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar obsession with mermaids when I was younger. Love these pictures!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mermaids, so beautiful and magical.
    The mermaid theatre looks great great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are pretty cool findings! Thanks for sharing(:!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeee all these photos, they're so cool :D Wish I was a mermaid too, i'll have to make do with growing my hair very long and covering myself in seashells instead ;)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so right, thank you for your comment ((=

    Greeeetings

    ReplyDelete
  11. These inspirations are amazing!!!I love mermaid♡
    Your blog is awesome:)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete