Saturday, June 30, 2012

angels in the architecture, spinning in infinity

This is going to be a short-and-crappy post (the way I like it, dude), but I just got back from New York and OH MY GODDDD. It was bloomin' incredible. I have sunburn, jet lag, sleep deprivation and in all likelihood/deservation alcohol poisoning, and still had one of the best weeks of my life. We went to the MoMA and the Met, Gay Pride and the Coney Island Mermaid parade, listened to Alabama Shakes live in Central Park, sat by the Hudson River til 7am after dancing all night, went up the Empire State Building at midnight, walked over the High Line from Chelsea to the Meatpacking district, went to Katz's Deli, had $2 pizza in Brooklyn, said hello to the Statue of Liberty, wandered from one end of the city to the other til our feet blistered, and drank at AMAZING rooftop bars. Also I may have fallen asleep in Central Park in a bandeau dress and sunburnt myself into a Rothko painting. I'm still waiting for my disposables to be developed, so instead here is a picture of the one souvenir I bought;

SO TACKY


Yeeee boiiii.


15 comments:

  1. glad you had a great time here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEW YORK IS AMAZING :). I am following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW (at your own will). Meantime, I am going to browse through the rest of your site. Hope to hear from you soon, and follow. Thanks and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhh, can't wait to see pictures!! Side note: I love Chevy Chase, even in his old man years. Total heart throb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaaa. i know he's a total coke-ridden dickhead, but i know what you mean!

      Delete
  4. Cooool t-shirt. Omg, I want to go so badly to the mermaid parade, and I know I will someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss! glad you had a good time! I'm off out there in a few months to visit some family members!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I neeeeeeeeeeed that tee! It's so rad!!!
    You have an amazing blog! It will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too and maybe tell me what yout think about it,too :)
    Wish you the best! <3

    www.urban-catwalk.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so jealous! and yay for the wonderful choice of song :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. Oh my goodness. It sounds like my kind of vacation. Dang. I can't wait to see the photos of the trip :] A mermaid parade sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for mermaids and cocktails lady! Sounds like you had an amazing time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that shirt :)

    Btw new follower here, I'd love if you follow back <3

    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucky duck! i soo long to go back to new york!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go to NY! Love the shirt by the way :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. the tshirt is awesome and your trip sounds immense, don't think I could possibly be more excited for my own impending trip to NYC. love that song alot but i'd never seen the video before :)

    ReplyDelete