Sunday, June 10, 2012

big smoke & big apple

Yesterday I went to my friend Luna's graduate art show in the Truman Brewery in Brick Lane - nothing like a thousand green-haired, shaven-headed art students to remind a newly-returned Londoner that she's hoooome. I had a death hangover and I hardly saw Luna cuz she was running around all over the place, but there was an open bar and some of the pieces were pretty cool, SO I was happy wandering round in a daze sipping free beer and taking terrible phone photos.













ALSO, I desperately need advice and assistance. For someone so broke I have got quite a jazzy summer planned; I'm going to New York in just over a week, and Jordan in just under a month, and I've never been to either before. Any NY kids/enthusiasts out there, do you have suggestions for things to do? So far me and my buds are thinking art galleries, Coney Island and copious cocktails, but we also want to go to some flea markets, and maybe a gig or two. Suggestions for good bars/clubs/restaurants/fun things would be greatly appreciated!



9 comments:

  1. What's your email? I'll send you a list of things and places I like to do/go when in NYC. You're going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments grrrrl yr blog is so cute we love u <3

    ps we live in NYC and are sending you shit to do whilst here xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. email us mattiebarringer@gmail.com we'll give you the dl on on nysee

    ReplyDelete
  4. free beer and crazy art - good combo. sadly I've never been to NY but massively excitingly I'm going at the end of the year (need lots of time to save up) so perhaps I can pick your brain when you return... I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive only been to NY once and ive gotta recommend yotel hotel! their sunday brunches are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pics are great. Very jealous of your upcoming travels too!
    Love your blog, now following you =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm off to NY in august and I hear that Williamsburg flea market is really good, that's where I'm planning to go anyway x

    http://theclosetthinker.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Loving the visuals. That room is grand!!!!

    www.together-inspired.com

    ReplyDelete