Tuesday, July 17, 2012

knee socks and sunday school shoes

I just got back from Jordan on Sunday, which was ACES (I swear to baby Jesus I really am a povvo student, my luck has just been on the up these past couple of weeks). Yesterday I celebrated my glorious return to the land of rain/pigeons/chip-scattered grey pavements with a charity shop sojourn and cinema trip to Greenwich Picturehouse with BFF. We stuffed our faces with white chocolate mice, lemon sherberts and foam shrimps while finally watching Moonrise Kingdom (which was natch as infuriatingly adorable and aesthetically immaculate and generally Wes-ish as we all knew it would be).



And I bought two skirts (one offensively red cotton button-up midi, one 1995 St Michael tartan mini immediately out of Clueless), a t-shirt and some sunglasses for altogether under a tenner.

if the plaid skirt could talk, it would call you a virgin who can't drive







Even if thanks to the weather London is currently, in the inestimable Charlie Brooker's words, "like waking up inside a monochrome Czechoslovakian cartoon about waking up in jail", it's still nice to be home.

12 comments:

  1. Gah, I've been dieing to watch this film!
    Love the bargains, welcome home =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD I LOVE YOUR BLOG.

    I can't believe this is the first I've seen of it. You're marvelous.

    I want to see that film. Also, I really love Picturehouse cinemas.

    I'm happy I've found your blog and I'm adding it to my toolbar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is really inspiring<3 makes me wish I was at the beach right now!

    following for sure!
    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatever that is in the first picture (the movie you saw?), i must see it. you have a funny way with words and i like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love tartan!! i want to see that film, that first picture is gorrrrjj xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one would go and see Moonrise Kingdom with me :'( I have crappy pals.
    Erm, HOW did you find such amazing bargains? I only ever find books in charidee shops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, your photography is just lovely! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and you have a new follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos, especially the moonrise kingdom still such a great movie!!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, there is no better place than home ;) Great Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you guys are soo cute in that first pic! i hear a lot of people complain about the weather in the UK, it still is such a lovely place to be in though x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first picture! And the sunglasses. You always have really good posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete