Sunday, January 27, 2013

adventures in moominland

Friday was Burns Night, so 4 pals and I drove through the snow down to Perthshire to spend the night in a tipi in the forest, drinking whisky and eating haggis and pretending to be the Finn Family Moomintroll.












The tipi was so cute, full of metal cups and a wood burning fire and oil lamps! So we didn't freeze in the insane-in-the-membrane amounts of snow. PLUS, also did not get murdered like the youths in slasher films always do when they go and stay in the woods. Always a cheeky extra.

And since this post seems to be entirely some jangly spangly Juno-type twee business (+ in honour of my best gurl Little My), let's listen to some grown adults wearing animal costumes and playing children's instruments!



11 comments:

  1. a tipi in the snowy woods! v.jealous. I didn't even know you could do that - anything remotely moomin-esque is clearly worth doing even with bugger loads of snow and the potential of death by crazed woodman! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! That place is adorable. I wouldn't mind getting snowed in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous, this place looks beautiful!

    Love Daniela (new fan) - ohellabella.blogspot.com oxo

    P.s. I'm doing a jewellery giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out :)
    http://ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/jewellery-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like such a wonderful place to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a grand adventure :) Where about in Perthshire? That's where I live!
    Looks like a tasyy Burns Supper to me, too!

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like SO much fun! I am glad you didn't suffer the same grisly fate as those poor movie teens, all they wanna do is have some fun and some weirdo always has to ruin it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so so neat! I'm loving it. I got the One Line a Day Journal from Barnes & Noble ;-) Thanks for visiting my blog :-) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cold for t-shirts? Apparently not...The tent house thing is so cool though, looks super fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this looks and sounds amazing. Now I know what I want to do next weekend- gather some friends and find a tipi! I am glad you guys didn't get murdered haha, always a plus!
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete