Wednesday, April 10, 2013

AMSTERJAMZ

Just got back from visiting BFF in Amsterdam yesterday! (I hope you like my hilarious title for this post, by the way. #borntobeahack) Had such an ace time running round town drinking 8% beer under windmills and on canal boats, eating delicious fried kroketten and bitterballen, trawling gigantic street and warehouse markets for mad sartorial bargainzzz, dancing to rock & roll music in sweaty smoky clubs, looking at lots of marv exhibitions and also chillin out blowing bubbles.



This was from the Sara Cwynar exhibition at FOAM, which was totally so beautiful that I defied the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the message of the piece by taking a photograph of it. I pretty much love any artist who plays with memento mori/vanitas/pop art/found objects, and therefore she is my new fave.



Delicious flavoured liqueurs from Wynand Fockink. Mine was cherry, vanilla and orange blossom.

This was in Johan van der Keuken's amazing film exhibition at the Eye, we got trapped in there in a trance for about 3 hours watching all his beautiful bits and bobs. You can watch his first short, Paris a l'Aube, here.



note the excellent sign that was held up for me at the airport

I also spent all ma moneyyyyyyyyy. Though it was all under 4 Euros apiece so thas cool right?? I was particularly pleased with the pink silk shirt and the long paisley skirt, gonna be a BALLER librarian this summer.

Can't wait for exams to be over and for the sun to put his hat on so I can spend my whole June/July/Aug lying in the grass like a cat and drinking strawberry beer. Whilst wearing a a gingham dress and a straw hat, for extra carefree factor.

9 comments:

  1. this looks like such a fun trip! i cant wait for the summer and im dreading becoming a real adult too :[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you had an awesome time! i'm so jealous. That first picture is my favourite :) xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds perfect, interesting and full of random cool activities! And great purchases too. That market place/trift shop hall looks like a huge treasure chest ... Awwh.

    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an excellent haul you have there! sounds like you had an awesome time. the film exhibition sounds cool and the market looks sweeeeet. i really do need to visit amsterdam as an adult x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the pictures, you made cool purchases <3 the graffitis are my favorite part
    "High School:Big Mouth Billy Bass" on THE PHOTOGRAPHIC SENSE-http://reinhardtkenneth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like u had an awesome time! cool bargains too! btw thanks for introducing me too alan wolfson! his work is insanee love it x
    http://thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. God I can't wait to be able to afford to do this trip!
    And amen about milking the summer.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I really want to go to Amsterdam one day. Everything you did --thrifting, art shows, drinking, blowing le bubbles --looks so much fun! ugh and I love all your treasures you bought. That striped jumper thing and the long blue dress on the left look esp. cute...kill all hipsters, eh? what's that? haha. That Sara Cwynar sculpture installation thing looks interesting, I'm going to have to look her up.

    ReplyDelete