Thursday, April 18, 2013

throw a little glitter on it honey, and go dancing!

I am back in Scotland now, but before I left the smoggy, KFC-scented embrace of Lewisham I indulged in a little bit of ARTS'N'CRAFTSWOMANSHIP. Home improvement. Divinely-ordained creativity. Not to toot my own horn, but let's just say that if managing to stick glitter onto things without actually sticking myself to the table counts as anything vaguely artistic, then I am basically a one-woman Pinterest board right now*.



And now Hamish looks even swaggier than before. SMUG LIFE INDEED.

I still have loads of letters left, just need to decide on a slogan for my Aberdeen bedroom wall now. I am pretty tempted to just go for ABERDOOM, not gonna lie.


*...I stuck some glitter onto letters from a pre-existing banner kit I bought in a junk tourist shop in Amsterdam. Div-friendly! 

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Nice! I'm going to be in need of some DIY home (well student home) improvement for my new pad in September and I think I may be giving this a go hehe! Maybe with Pug Life.... :3

    in-my-sundaybest.blogspot.co.uk

    XOXO Sade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This is awesome! My dorm room walls are all white, and I love putting up paper bits and fabric, etc. This is a great idea and I love "smug life" pah! Looks really cool cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love a bit of craft me - and this sign looks ace. Also, aberdoom made me laugh so I reckon it should definitely happen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohohoooh looks great! And Aberdoom - just perfect :D

    Thanks for visiting x

    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. really love your blog! i followed you on bloglovin and gfc :) xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool! youve inspired me to try to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha this is great! also my kind of DIY - super easy and looks like there's a lot more to it than there really is.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, nice atmosphere, interesting here with you. :) Regards! In my note of
    extraordinary event involving historic steam locomotives. You are cordially invited! :)
    I hope you enjoy it. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete